Всё о двигателях 1.6 MPI (EA113) - AEH, AHL, AKL, APF, ARM, ATK, AUR, AVU, AWB, AWH, AYD, BFQ, BFS, BGU, BJG, BJH, BSE, BSF, BWH, CCSA, CMXA, CHGA

Dear all,
I found this forum and want to ask people if they have similar problem what my car has. Im not speak russian very well, but I can read your answers.
The car is: octavia II, 1,6 BSE, 220k km (maybe even more).
Problem: the car lost the dynamic speed (I know that all this engine anyway not so strong under 2500 rpm), especially over 80-90 km/h. Even to take over a truck very have for the car. In the city the car drivable well, but feels it was stronger. The idle is stable no shaking. Also start up well any time. Approximately +1-1,5 liter gasoline takes/100 km. There was only 1 fault code: p0420. if I know well this code means the catalytic converter under threshold or the second oxygen sensor not property works, but has no effect on the power of the car.
Some days ago I disconnect the oxygen sensor (the first one) and get back the power. I think not all the power came back but much better and also the fuel consumption went down.
My question: do you think the oxygen sensor is fault or can be other things behind like MAF sensor? Or both?
If one of you had similar problem, i would really appreciate to share with me.
from Hungary

Dear all,
I found this forum and want to ask people if they have similar problem what my car has. Im not speak russian very well, but I can read your answers.
The car is: octavia II, 1,6 BSE, 220k km (maybe even more).
Problem: the car lost the dynamic speed (I know that all this engine anyway not so strong under 2500 rpm), especially over 80-90 km/h. Even to take over a truck very have for the car. In the city the car drivable well, but feels it was stronger. The idle is stable no shaking. Also start up well any time. Approximately +1-1,5 liter gasoline takes/100 km. There was only 1 fault code: p0420. if I know well this code means the catalytic converter under threshold or the second oxygen sensor not property works, but has no effect on the power of the car.
Some days ago I disconnect the oxygen sensor (the first one) and get back the power. I think not all the power came back but much better and also the fuel consumption went down.
My question: do you think the oxygen sensor is fault or can be other things behind like MAF sensor? Or both?
If one of you had similar problem, i would really appreciate to share with me.
from Hungary
Hi, I have some ideas.
1) Maybe the catalytic converter is damaged and has lost its bandwidth. In this case exhaust gases stays in the exhaust manifold and the engine can not "breath" properly. I have seen this problem once on Fabia 1,2 CGPA (69 hp) 320 k km, we have replaced the converter from the car that ran 112 k km, and the power came back. But I have to mention, that I although replaced the timing chain. After that the car became like new, very good dynamic and response.
2) In russian maintenance manual for Octavia it is written, that we have to change oxygen sensors every 90 k km on BSE engines. I had a case with Octavia 1.6 BSE 280 k km, that it ran slow. Firstly I thought, that it was because Aisin 09G is worn out, but diagnostics showed very unusual temperature of catalytic converter (something around 200 C), then I changed both Oxygen sensors and the car ran better, never the less Aisin was worn out anyways.

Последнее редактирование:
Mark!
Thank you so much for your response. I think I will check it out both option what you wrote.
I forgot to wrote that my car "eats" oil about 0,25-0,35 liter/1000km (5w-40), so im sure the catalytic converter probably not in the best condition.
It seems there is a big chance that the oxygen sensor(s) is/are broken. Can be the sensors after a time getting faulty because the oil?
Do you remember about the mention cars also had stable idle?

Mark!
Thank you so much for your response. I think I will check it out both option what you wrote.
I forgot to wrote that my car "eats" oil about 0,25-0,35 liter/1000km (5w-40), so im sure the catalytic converter probably not in the best condition.
It seems there is a big chance that the oxygen sensor(s) is/are broken. Can be the sensors after a time getting faulty because the oil?
Do you remember about the mention cars also had stable idle?
Hmmm... so it "eats" around 1 liter of oil per 3-4 k km and it looks not so good. One of my previous cars was Octavia II 1.6 MPI BSE 09G Aisin and I used it from 50 k km till 200 k km. Due to the fact, that I regularly reved it for 5 000 rpm, in the end of our partnership, it "eated" around 1 liter per 10 k km, the engine was in good condition, but I think that oil was leaking through exhaust valves' oil caps (it is a usual problem on BFQ / BSF / BSE engines, due to the fact that exhaust valves work with higher temperatures and oil caps lose elasticity).

In your case I think, oil goes even more in exhaust manifold through the oil caps on the exhaust valves... and further it goes straight in the catalytic converter.

Regarding "Fabia case", the car was eating a lot of oil, because oil separator in crankcase gas ventilation system was totally wasted, I also replaced it. Maybe because of this problem oil has damaged the converter. Now the car runs good and there is no oil consumption.

Both cars had stable idle speed, as I remember.

Oxygen sensors can get faulty due to the oil encounter.

Добрый всем. Авто джетта 1,6 bse, 2007г.
Такая проблема: пару раз загорелась лампа ЕРС, пропала тяга. Заглушил, пару минут подождал, завел-все ок. Через день-два тормоза стали мягкими, педаль проваливается, торможение плохое. При этом двигатель на холостых колбасит, обороты плавают. До этого тоже на холостых немного трясло, но не так сильно.
Проверял подсос воздуха гаражным методом (сигаретой)- обнаружил три маленькие дырочки на патрубке от фильтра к дроссельной заслонке. Залил их суперклеем, после чего дыма по патрубку не было. По масляному щупу ппрпускал дым, подмотал-тоже перестало. Больше мест, где мог бы быть подсос воздуха не обнаружил. Подключал самодельный дымогенератор к впускному коллектору, где подходит трубка от вакуумного усилителя.
Т.е. подсос воздуха по двигателю исключаю (теоретически, т.к. проверял сигаретой).

Думал, что возможно подсос из-за вакуумника или трубки к вакуумнику. Но в этом случае педаль тормоза должна быть ватной. Провел эксперимент- снял трубку вакуумника с коллектора, на коллекторе заглушил, завел. Обороты не стабильны. Но педаль тормоза стала ватной и не проваливается. Значит вакуумник исправен. Тормоза ещё не прокачивал. Если педаль мягкая и проваливается, думаю может воздух в тормозной системе?

В чём может быть проблема с тормозами и может ли из-за этого нестабильные обороты на холостых?

Правильно ли думаю, чисто теоретически - из-за воздуха в тормозной системе педаль мягкая и проваливается, почти до пола достаёт. Из-за этого шток в вакуумнике уходит дальше положенного, камеры вакуумника сообщаются на столько, что происходит "вброс" лишнего давления (воздуха) по вакуумному шлангу усилителя в коллектор и двигатель подколбашивает.

Или ещё- такое впечатление, что создаётся слишком большое разряжение и из-за этого педаль слишком уходит

А, ещё появлялся значок абс на приборке

Проблема решена. Была завоздушена тормозная система. Прокачка тормозов решила проблему. Тормоза работают отлично. И обороты перестали плавать. Так, как я и думал- из-за воздуха в тормозной системе педаль мягкая и проваливалась, почти до пола доставала. Из-за этого шток в вакуумнике уходил дальше положенного, камеры вакуумника сообщались настолько, что происходил "вброс" лишнего давления (воздуха) по вакуумному шлангу усилителя в коллектор и двигатель колбасило.

Может кому-то поможет, если, конечно, тут кто--то читает вообще...

Сверху